Friday, June 07, 2013

Things I've Learned Or Imagined Or Invented Since She Got Pregnant

1) If you are considering getting pregnant, expect to have frank conversations in yoga studios with fellow parents-to-be about mucous plugs, all while eating strawberries and mixed nuts.  In other words, there are consequences.

2)  I wonder if anyone has ever tried to live in an Ikea showroom, like a pre-fabricated Scandinavian furniture version of From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.

3) I'm going to be a pushover as a dad.  I'm totally good-cop material, which means my wife will have to do all the discipline.  I'm okay with that.

4) Baby-clothing spontaneously generates at an exponential rate of return. 

5) Sources now tell me that item # 3 is incorrect and should be quickly retracted. 

6) It can be surprisingly satisfying to get your installed dryer fixed so that it no longer makes a horrible screeching sound.  Knowing that you can do laundry day and night without having to put on pants is a comforting thought, especially when you no longer have to worry that the dryer is in horrible, agonizing pain. 

7) Training a cat not to sleep in the crib or bassinet is a Sisyphean task.  The more you tell her no, the faster she'll sneak back in there the moment she sees a chance.  It's like trying to teach doughnuts not to be delicious.  On the other hand, maybe this is good training for dealing with a daughter who will one day be a teenager. 

That's all for now.  More to come, I'm sure. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don' care, I'm still going to send you a sweet heirloom piece of baby clothing!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home